Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Humid Day in June

I thought I would update you all on life here at our place. It is very muggy today, and thunderstorms are expected tomorrow. I took a few pictures from up at the barnyard to post. Here is a good shot of one of our girls in the chicken house.
They aren't afraid of the flash at all.
I think they hope I have a few more worms for them. These are Barred Rock hens.
Here is some of the corn we planted. The green house in the middle of the garden. Behind it are tomatoes and squashes. Some of the corn is from our amish friends the Yoders. They say it is the best sweet corn and I can't wait to try it. You can also just make out the grapes.
A closer shot of the beets, radish and a bit of asparagus at the side. We also planted watermelon, cantaloupe, cucumbers, garlic, collards, strawberries, peppers, blueberries, raspberries, herbs, leeks, onions....did I forget anything?
I mowed a new path through the woods on Saturday. It is fun to go back in there and really feel secluded.
Here is a shot of the skunk hole, yep, the same one that has a thing for metal cat dishes. Tonight I am watching to see if I spy any fireflies. That always marks the real start of summer for us.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Your barnyard/garden/woods look great!