Monday, August 11, 2008

Belated Anniversary Trip

This year for our anniversary we decided to rent a charter boat on Lake Erie and go fishing for walleye. Captain Todd and his first mate got us all set up for a fun day of fishing. We caught our limit as you can see. What the pictures don't show is the three hours I spent hugging the toilet (a toilet that only sees men and very little cleaning) in the tiniest bathroom I'd ever seen. The swells were quite high that day and we rolled back and forth and up and down.......Thank goodness Ron was a good fisherman and caught both our limits in record time so we could head back to the shore. Once I was back on land I was fine. So weird.
The Walleye are really delicate tasting fish and worth all the trouble (though at times I didn't think anything could be).

1 comment:

carolyn said...

'maybe next time' if there is one. i remember the last time i went deep sea fishing i was in a first term of a pregnancy. haven't felt much desire since then.